Medicine Ball Sit Ups
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Hold a medicine ball (choose a 5 pound ball to begin) to your chest and have a partner stand at your feet (not on them).
- Push your lower back into the floor flattening the arch and hold.
- As you curl up throw the ball to your partner. Hold the crunch as your partner catches the ball and throws it back to you.
- Catch the ball and slowly return to the start position.
- Tip: Don't sit right the way up as you wait for the return pass. Your shoulders should be no more than 6 inches off the floor.